About the job
At Apple, ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
Music is part of Apple’s soul! We started with 1000 songs in your pocket. Now it’s over 90 million. Whether its classic jams or hot new tracks, shredding songs to bang your head to or tunes to move your hips to, music inspires us and drives us to do our best work every single day.
Apple’s Music Business Partnerships team focuses on strategic business planning, partner relations, project delivery and content strategy. The team’s goal is to be the industry’s best-in-class partner while driving engagement and growth opportunities for Apple Music.
Can you imagine what you could do here?
We are seeking a dedicated, expert and innovation-focused team member to further expand our Music business in Korea. As a perfect addition to the team, you should demonstrate excellent skills leading sophisticated partnerships, an eye for detail, be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and lots of positive attitude.
We invite you to take the opportunity to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
5 or more years’ experience in a professional music industry role (subscription service, label, publisher, manager, live), media/marketing agency or commercial digital music/media platform.
Experience in strategical business planning to drive subscription engagement as well as growth.
Strong analytical skills and proficiency with data reporting platforms.
Comprehensive experience in the music industry or digital world, with an emphasis on audience and artist led digital content strategy.
Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to navigate ambiguity and hurdles to deliver best-in-class results.
A deep understanding of music marketing in pop culture and how to apply principles to consistently grow Apple Music’s share of voice with partners.
Strategic understanding of key trends impacting the industry and emerging technologies and business models relevant to digital music.
Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Substantial relationship building skills and capability to engage with a variety of personalities, industry execs, artists and managers.
Steadfast ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Exceedingly responsive, passionate, proactive, thoughtful problem solver with exceptional attention to detail.
Be an Innovative problem solver: continuously seeks to enhance and redefine the approach needed to grow the business, while delivering results on all priority projects.
Collaborative partner: skill to work cross-functionally in a team environment.
Thrives in a very dynamic environment and able to handle multiple high level projects which are broad in scope.
Excellent presentation skills with an ability to build extraordinary decks and present to groups.
Good understanding of the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (iOS, macOS, Apple Music, App Store, Podcasts, Apple TV, etc.).
Fluency in both English and Korean is required.
In this role, you will:
– Act as a key driver in defining and driving growth strategy for Apple Music.
– Cultivate the relationships, including communication with senior executives, to plan and implement strategic projects, and to help our partners success by delivering best in class customer experience.
– Develop a strategic approach to growing our business with our partners that includes senior executives of the Music Label, Artist Management, Music Industry Associations, as well as other business partners such as tele-communication companies, retailers.
– Work cross-functionally and collaborate closely with all elements of Apple Music to identify, develop and act on key artist and content opportunities. This includes editorial, radio, marketing, PR, production, legal, design, brand experience (original content & events) and international.
– Identify long-term audience and content priorities in parallel with the Apple Music Editorial team, creating unique moments and plans.
– Develop and create new initiatives which ensure Apple Music continues to innovate.
– Devise strategic partnerships with the Apple Music marketing team, creating plans to drive engagement and increase the subscription funnel.
– Manage and develop partner marketing campaigns.
– Provide wider support for the business, leading on key internal music projects.
– Secure cross-platform opportunities within the wider Apple ecosystem, Apps, Podcasts, Apple TV+, Retail and more.
– Be a passionate advocate for Apple.
Education & Experience
Ideally holds a university degree or equivalent. MBA or equivalent is a plus.
Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in significant ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Role Number: 200353288