About the job
Spotify is looking to hire an ‘Editor – Music and Culture, Hindi’ who is dedicated and very passionate about popular Hindi music !
This role will be part of the Music team, and work closely with the ‘Head of Editorial and Culture’ of India. You will lead music curation for Hindi language, and will be responsible for identifying and curating music for all moods, music genres, eras, moments, and varied user interests.
As a music editor, one will make data informed decisions, and bring deep cultural and music insights to build highly engaging music experiences for listeners.
What you will do
- Lead the music curation and overall strategy for a language, and establish leadership for Spotify
- Be the language and culture expert, and proactively identify music trends and opportunities for Spotify
- Curate and maintain playlists for various moods, moments and occasions
- Work on organisational wide projects, by working closely with the Global Editorial Teams and other cross-functional teams
- Implement the best practices from across the company, to build robust process and ensure high efficiency in execution
Who you are
- Be deeply knowledgeable about Popular hindi music from Bollywood – both new, and catalog music
- You have 5-10 years experience in the music industry, working with a broad range of music content. Experience in programming for music services is preferred.
- You have a deep understanding of the local film and music industry, with a passion for music.
- Have a graduate/ postgraduate degree. Having formal training or formal knowledge in music theory will be an advantage.
- You are digitally savvy and comfortable with digital technology
- You are numerate and adept at analyzing and interpreting data and using it to set goals
- You are highly organized, detail oriented, with strong time management skills
- You have outstanding communication skills – spoken and written, in English and in Hindi.
- You enjoy working in a fast changing environment and matrix reporting structures and are comfortable with ambiguity and are self driven
- You are a great team player, have a strong work ethic, and a sense of humor
Please attach your resume in English.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.